Thursday, January 7, 2016

Tsokolate Ah and Ensaymada



Perfect for the post-holiday season is a steaming hot cup of chocolate drink, for sweet lovers and a-less-guilt caffeine intake, and paired with less sweet bread. Hot cocoa contains antioxidants, but take it in moderation for it also contains fats and sugars. I admit, I am not well-aware of how Tsokolate Ah was processed and prepared, so I've research about it. It is done by boiling a cup of water in a tsokolateria (some kind of a pitcher saucepan), then the tablea (cacao tablets) is mixed in with milk and ground peanuts. It is whisked using a batirol (a wooden beater) until it became a creamy, foamy broth.



After the New Year's Day, I wanted a quiet me time in a cafe, where I can recall on the year that passed by and foresee my 2016. I went to my usual coffee place, but it was loaded with people chattering loudly. So I look for a quiet place and this chocolate cafe came into my mind, Tsoko.Nut Batirol. The place was almost empty except for one circle of friends. 





It was my first time to try Tsoko.Nut Batirol Cafe. I ordered for a safe merienda combo, Tsokolate Ah Batirol and Ensaymada with Queso de Bola which costs ₱135.00. The Ensaymada was fluffy, it's large compared to other ensaymada offered by bakeshops, has just the right amount of sweetness and saltiness from the cheese, scrumptious melted butter, and it was served hot!



Moving on with my most-awaited sip of Tsokolate Ah, it brought me home, in the province wherein my grandmother would prepare something like this. It's sweet but not that powerful, yes it's nutty, and very chocolatety!!! For the money I spent, this is worth-it!!! I love it!!! Surely I will be back in this cafe either with my husband, friends, and/or families!


Keep learning. Keep having fun.

Follow me on YouTube, InstagramTwitter, Facebook, and Email.
* * *

1 comment:

GST Courses Delhi said...

It was terribly helpful on behalf of me. Keep sharing such ideas within the future similarly. This was truly what i used to be longing for, and that i am glad to came here! Thanks for sharing the such data with USA.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...