Here's what we need:
1 cup glutinous rice or malagkit na bigas
7 pcs tablea de cacao
12 tbsp sugar
6 cups water
1 cup milk
a pinch of salt
How to make a delicious champorado:
1. Thoroughly wash the glutinous rice around 3 times.
2. Pour 6 cups of water and 1 cup of glutinous rice in a pot and bring to a boil, stir occasionally to prevent it from burning.
3. Dissolve 7 pcs of tablea de cacao in a bowl with warm water to make it easier to dissolve and pour it in the pot.
4. Stir continuously, after 12 minutes of boiling or until the rice is cooked, add 12 tbsp of sugar and a pinch of salt and cook for another 2-5 minutes.
5. Serve hot with milk on top.
This is usually paired with salty dried fish like tuyo, Cebu's danggit and dilis; and can also be served cold.
The glutinous rice and tablea de cacao were from our province Albay, Bicol which was brought by our Auntie Emmz.
I love it with lots of milk and preferred it cold. Very yummy, soft, not so sweet, creamy and real chocolatety. Try this recipe and surely you'll love it!
* * *