What's your comfort food during rainy days? While I'm working tonight I stopped thinking what will I get for my midnight snack, and my imagination started to work...
For breakfast or mirienda:
1. Miswa Noodle Soup with Patola and/or Sardines *light and smooth noodles sometimes served with egg
2. Champorado (Chocolate Rice Porridge) *boiled sticky rice and flavored with tableas de cacao which are bitter-sweet chocolate tablets mixed with milk and sugar, best with danggit, tuyo, or dilis
3. Congee *rice porridge popular in Asian countries, boiled rice in large amount of water
4. Arroz Caldo *Spanish influenced congee and is usually spiced with saffron and black pepper
5. Goto *congee served with beef tripe or tuwalya ng baka
6. Chicken Mami *round noodles in a light broth soup with white chicken meat
7. Beef Mami *round noodles in a light broth soup with tender beef brisket
8. Sotanghon Soup *thin and almost transparent noodles in chicken broth soup
9. Sopas *macaroni noodles in broth soup mixed with milk veggies and meat
2. Nilagang Baka
3. Sinigang na Baboy or Hipon
Back to reality =) can't grab or prepare any of these delicious soups at this late hour. What I have here is instant noodles, quick and easy to prepare. Lucky Me! Beef Spareribs, yum yum!
* * *