Saturday, June 18, 2011

Il Mio Primo (My First) Gelato

Gelato? I've known this type of ice cream since 2006 from my previous work but never tasted it until last Monday, 13 June 2011. At last the long craving is finally over! Gelato, is an Italian frozen dessert, and it has under 10% fat and 25% air content.

With my aunt and sister I've tried my first gelato at Gelatissimo-The Real Taste of Italia Trinoma.



The place is so lovely, inviting, and comfortable. Red theme interior, Italian architecture & arts are designed on the walls, beautiful chandeliers, low lighting, and Italian music on the background completes the Italian feeling.



Gelatissimo Menu includes wide variety of Gelato, Sundae, Shakes, Coffee and Pastries.



Of course Gelato captures my attention alot! Yum Yum Yum!!! How to pick or oder a nice Gelato? Hmmm??? Don't worry Gelatissimo offer customers to have a taste of any flavors they want before ordering. Ask the staff that you want to taste that flavor and they will give you a disposable teaspoon with a little serving of it.


Before I decide what to choose I think I tasted all the flavors, even so the staff are very nice and accomodating. Gelato flavors that they serve are Lemon, Strawberry, Pineapple, Melon, Raspberry, Banana, Coconut, Guava, Green Apple, Forrest Berries, Caramelised Fig, Apple Pie, Pistachio, Roasted Almond, Macadamia & Caramel, Vanila, American Chocolate, Veronese Chocolate, Dark Chocolate, Chocolate Chip, Coffee, Cinnamon, Green Tea, Panna Cotta, Biscotinno (Italian Cookies & Cream), and six new Mango Flavors; Mango & Coconut, Mango & Passion Fruit, Mango & Nutella Chocolate. These are some of the flavors as far as I can remember.

Forrest Berries for me and Panna Cotta for my aunt. My sister didn't order anything, good for me :)



How much do I spend for a scoop of gelato? A bit expensive for a minimum wage earner here in Manila. But for me it's worth a try!


Gelatissimo Card, every time you purchase be sure to have your card punch in to receive your 7th Gelato or Coffee free. I already have one, wondering when will I enjoy my free Gelato!


Enjoying our Gelato...




Empty cup... The end...



Share your sweet tooth experience with us. 

follow me on Facebook http://facebook.com/LettesHaven,
* * *

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...