Wednesday, February 12, 2014

BDJ Fair 2013 Make It Happen - Late Post

BDJ Fair

I attended my first ever BDJ or Belle De Jour Fair last October with my best-friend Arcelie  Santos and her cousin's girlfriend Gerly Casinto. BDJ Fair is for ladies or bellas that are kikay, successful, innovative, adventurous, shy, and with low self-esteem, in short all girls are welcome. If you are a shy person or not that sociable, I encourage you to join BDJ events, in this way you will conquer your fears and enjoy at the same time. Remember we only live once so enjoy! I was hesitant at first to attend BDJ Fair 2013 because I do not know the process or things that is in-store  and the event location is way too far from us. The main reason I want to be a part of this event is I can buy BDJ Planner for a discounted price. So in the end I manage to attend, if there's a will there's a way :) !

BDJ Fair

BDJ Fair 2013 is held last 13 Oct 2013 at SM Mall of Asia Music Hall. We were there at 10 am and the registration line was so long already. There's a pre-registration online but that is for the talks/seminars only. I think we waited for 15-30 minutes just for the registration and we met a lovely lady name Christine Julito, who is a BDJ supporter I think couple of years ago. Christine is so nice and very sincere, during the whole fair we are together.

BDJ Fair

Entrance to the fair is free, you can also register for a VIP Pass which is ₱100.00. VIP Pass entitles the holder to attend to two talks, participate in fun activities such as Bungee Jumping, Wall Climbing, Raffle Draws, Tarot Card Reading, Free Coffee from CBTL and a Loot Bag. There's also BDJ Fair 2013 list of booths and map.

BDJ Fair

There were a total of 7 talks, speakers were Myrza Sison, Jill Ngo, Xeng Zulueta, Venus Raj, Gang Badoy, Jigs Mayuga and Erica Paredes, and Dona Cuna-Pita and Barbi Chan-Friebel.

BDJ Fair

BDJ Fair

BDJ Fair

Exciting activities such as writing on BDJ Fair Make It Happen message wall, take a look and buy BDJ Planner 2013 for only ₱480.00, original price is ₱598.00, and register to Pantene's ChooseToShine promo which you will rewarded with a Pantene Treatment Kit for Free and right at your doorstep. I got mine already :) and it's great, I hope I can post the review this month!

BDJ Fair

BDJ Fair

Fun and exciting booths at BDJ Fair 2013 were Saforelle/TCF, Subic Grand Seas, Goody, J.Co, Dermclinic, Free Fish, Flipsters, Trilogy, Print Social, Yves Rocher, The Ramp, Ace Water Spa, Pet Express, Strip and Browhaus, GSK, Wacoal, Mister Donut, SM Parisian, Tokyo Posh, ZA, CBTL, Canmake, ZenZest, Roxy, DC and more.

BDJ Fair

Christine, me, Arcelie and Gerly (from left to right) at Mister Donut booth during the BDJ Fair 2013.

BDJ Fair

My best-friend, Arcelie Santos is having a makeup make-over for free courtesy of Canmake.

BDJ Fair

And here's the result :)

BDJ Fair

Christine (right) while playing at one of the booths. We really had a great time, the booths were amazing and fun. Most of booths had games and exciting prizes such as Subic Grand Seas gave an overnight stay for the game winners which Christine won, SM Parisian gave away bags and shoes; goodies from Yves Rocher, Goody, Pet Express, Mister Donut, CBTL, ZenZest; discount coupons from Dermclinic, Free Fish, Flipsters, Wacoal; free eyebrow or upper lip threading from Stip and Browhaus; and a lot more!

BDJ Fair

Free Bungee Jumping and Wall Climbing for VIP Pass holders. Sorry I wasn't able to take a photo of the wall climbing area. Arcelie, Christine and I were not brave enough to try these activities, but Gerly is a one brave girl! :)

BDJ Fair

The BDJ Fair 2013 Make It Happen Talks started after lunch and it was hosted by the energetic and charming Ms. Jasmine Mendiola.

BDJ Fair

BDJ Fair

BDJ Fair

The first talk that we had at BDJ Fair is Unleash the Fun and Fearless You that was conducted by Ms. Myrza Sison, Editor-in-Chief of Cosmopolitan Philippines, international fashion model, writer, traveler, computer programmer, and journalist. She said that she was a late bloomer, but nothing's wrong with that. Even though she's successful she admits that she can't do everything like she can't ride a bicycle. I will always remember her tip saying "Join lang ng join, try lang ng try!"

BDJ Fair

BDJ Fair

BDJ Fair

The next BDJ Fair Talk that we attended is Be Your Own Kind of Beautiful conducted by Ms. Xeng Zulueta, celebrity make-up artist. She cool, pretty and no nonsense attitude. She told us that everyone is beautiful and most people want to be unique so they express it with their makeup and hairstyle. Accept our features and flaws, and highlight our beauty is her tip. She encourages us to buy make-up or beauty products at the mall because we can test or try it for ourselves with the help of a sales person before buying the item. And we should only buy products that are going to use, we don't need to buy a palette makeup or 20-Pcs brush set because honestly regular girls don't know how to use it.

BDJ Fair

BDJ Fair

BDJ Forget-Me-Not notepad that I won on one of pre-BDJ Fair Contest on Facebook and Twitter. Facebook contest wherein I posted the BDJ Fair Save the Date as my FB Cover Photo and Twitter contest wherein I tweeted a series of messages in 2 days I think. I claim my BDJFMN Save/Do notepad at the same claiming station of the loot bag at BDJ Fair 2013.

BDJ Fair

I bought Canmake Coloring Eyebrow Yellow Brown which goes well with bright hair. We also get to meet Eri Ito and Sachie Ogawa of Canmake Philippines and Yukie D-jay on the event.

BDJ Fair

I also bought my first Belle De Jour Power Planner and Everything is Possible Planner as a Christmas gift for my boyfriend at the BDJ Fair! I will also post a review about Everything is Possible Planner soon.

BDJ Fair

Belle De Jour Fair 2013 Loot Bag.

BDJ Fair


Freebies and prizes that I got from BDJ Fair booths.

Words to describe the experience that I had attending BDJ Fair were fun, encouraging, and empowering! I will definitely attend to the next BDJ Fair Event. But next time I will prepare myself to attend early, bring a fan and hanky because it's a bit hot in the vicinity, a water bottle and biscuits. See you at BDJ Fair 2014 :) !!!

Keep learning. Keep blogging. Keep having fun.
Follow me on InstagramTwitter, YouTubeFacebook and Email.
* * *

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...